March 8, 2010

Week Nine: Instant Messaging

Okay, this week was fun. I can't say how interesting I think this Meebo is. I had never heard of it, but yeah, definitely will be using it. As far as instant messaging itself goes, I have been using it for a long time! It is a very handy way to keep in contact with people. It's become even more useful now that my husband and friends can log on through their cell phones, and I can reach them on their phones when I am at home on the computer. It's also alot quicker than e-mail. As far as using it at work, well not so sure, don't really always have the time to use it at work. It might help me keep in contact with my fellow employees, considering the fact that I work in a library with 6 branches. Might have to look a little more into my options with that. However, I do think it has the ability to change the way we work, by making communication alot faster and simpler. All in all, I think instant messaging is a good thing, and sometimes a big distraction lol, but it seems to me the uses are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment