April 27, 2010

The END!

WOW! I can't belive 23 Things has come to an end. It's gone by so fast, and I've learned so much...I can't even remember everything I've learned, lol! Some lessons I learned alot, and others not so much. There were a few I had already used and was comfortable with, and others I had never even heard of. I think that this was a really great opportunity, especially being a learning opportunity that we could work on at our own pace and at our own Library, istead of travelling to a different location to sit in a class. Although there were times when I wished that I was in a classroom able to ask questions when I came to them. Okay, so 23 things I've learned....hmm...
1) Meebo: I had never even heard of this website, now I think I use it daily!
2) Animoto: I love making slideshows, especially of my kids, I send copies of them to my sister who is in the military and lives out of state. This site definitely makes it easier to make really great slide shows!
3)Bloglines: I had never even heard of an RSS feed, still a little confusing, but I think bloglines has helped me personally and professionally. I am able to check all my regular sites in one visit, and remember all the sites I visit lol!
4)Twitter: I still am not sure I even like Twitter, but I get it at least now!
5)Screencasting: Not something I see myself using very much, but it very interesting to learn about, just in case.
6)Webinars: Used a few of them...but I think they are a great way to learn something without actually begin there, virtual classrooms are awesome!
7)Flikr: Fun...something I think will become a new obsession when I find time to get into it lol!
8) Wiki's: Still a little confusing...not sure I will ever find a use for this?
9) Shelfari: pretty cool, but I like Visual Bookshelf better...it definitely helps me keep track of what I've read and even make suggestions to my patrons!
10)Was there really 23 things? I think I'm all out!
Anyway...I've learned alot, and had alot of fun...can't wait to sit in on a webinar and discuss everything further.

1 comment:

  1. Great job -- congratulations on making it through! Glad this was a good experience. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete