April 14, 2010

Week Fourteen: Library Thing

I recently started using "Living Social's Visual Bookshelf" and I really like it. I enjoy adding books that I've read, want to read, and own. It helps alot to keep track of everything I read, and sometimes if I see a book I want to read but I am not quite ready to start another book, I can add it on there and refer to my list of what I want to read. I also like that it gives you recommendations based on the books you have in your collection. When I found out that this week we were going to be learning about different websites like this one I was actually kind of excited because I was hoping to find a more useful site, one I may like a little better. So far I am sticking to my Visual Bookshelf, but I really like Shelfari as well. You seem to be able to add a little more information on Shelfari than you can on Visual Bookshelf. However, I think Visual Bookshelf is a little more user friendly, where as Shelfari is more librarian based. Now, as far as Library Thing goes, I don't care for it at all...I know it is pretty popular, but it wasn't very user friendly, and I had a harder time navigating it. Although, I may not have found a better program to use this week, it was good to learn about some of the other websites out there, and what they have to offer. It's good to know there are several choices, and if anyone is interested in them I know at least a little about them, and can make suggestions to my patrons.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to try some of the tools this week. You should log your vote for Living Social's Visual Bookshelf at the poll under the vote link at the end of the lesson. I'm sure some people haven't heard of that one. Love your animoto video too. Site looks great!

    ReplyDelete